The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), as part of her Human Resources Development initiatives has embarked on a foreign PGD Scholarship Programme. This calls for suitably qualified applicants with relevant BSc/Msc degrees from recognized Nigerian Universities in the underlisted disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
- First degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University
- Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply
Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
Mode of Application
ALL applications must be made on the Commission’s website (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification letter
- Post Graduate Admission letter from a recognized foreign university
- Relevant degrees from a recognized university
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
Successfully completed application forms will be assigned registration numbers automatically.
Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng).
For further enquiry, please contact:
Director, Education, Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Mobile: 084668158 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DURATION: All completed applications must be summited 21 days from the date of publication.
THE COMMISSION WILL NOT ENTER INTO ANY FORM OF COMMUNICATION WITH CANDIDATES WHO WERE NOT SHORTLISTED FOR THE COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) OR THOSE WHO WERE NOT INVITED FOR ORAL INTERVIEW OR CANDIDATES THAT WERE NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THE ORAL INTERVIEWS.
PREFERENCE WOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES FROM OIL PRODUCING/BEARING COMMUNITIES/LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS AS LONG AS CANDIDATES MEET THE APPROVED CUT OFF MARK.
THE COMMISSION WILL ENSURE A FAIR SPREAD OF COURSES AMONG BENEFICIARIES WITHIN EACH STATE.
DEFERMENT, CHANGE OF INSTITUTION AND COURSE ARE NOT PERMITTED.
THE COMMISSION RESERVES THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION TO SELECT APPLICANTS IN LINE WITH THE ABOVE STATED CRITERIA AND ITS INTERNAL CONSIDERATION. THE DECISION OF THE COMMISSION IN THIS REGARD IS FINAL.